Registrar Services

Application for Graduation and Diploma
Applications for graduation must be completed by week 2 of your last semester. A student may verify their graduation requirements with their academic dean.


Regular class attendance is vital to our students' academic success, and students are expected to attend all scheduled class sessions.  Attendance is tracked and recorded on a course-by-course basis.

Students who do NOT attend an onsite course or participate in an online course during any given week will be sent an attendance warning notice that informs students that they must attend/participate in the next week of class or they will be withdrawn from their course(s). Students who do NOT attend/participate in their course(s) for any two weeks are sent a dismissal letter and are withdrawn from their course(s). 

Please note that:

  • an attendance dismissal can occur for any 2 weeks of absence (no longer do they have to occur in consecutive weeks)
  • attendance dismissal can occur on a course-by-course basis

Students are responsible for doing all of the following:

  1.   Notifying their professors of planned absences
  2.   Fulfilling course requirements missed during an absence
  3.   Notifying the Attendance Coordinator in Registrars and individual professors of any absence likely to last one week or more

Enrollment Verification
Enrollment Verification may be requested in the registrar's office or by fax at (630) 652-8793. All requests must contain a signature and student ID number.

Grade Reports
Report Cards may be requested in the registrar's office or by fax at (630) 652-8793. All requests must contain a signature and student ID number.

Proficiency Exams
Proficiency Exams are available for some courses offered at DeVry. Exams are given by appointment. There is a $5 per credit hour nonrefundable fee for each exam. Additional information about proficiency exams is available in the Faculty Assistants Office, Room 228.

DeVry transcripts list all courses taken at DeVry with grades and GPA earned. Transcripts also show degree(s) earned at DeVry.

Transcripts are considered the official documentation of your academic performance. It is the document that employers and other colleges will generally want to see. Transcripts issued to students will be stamped 'Issued to Student.' Sealed transcripts issued by the Registrar's Office will remain official until the official seal is broken.

Transcripts are free and generally take 5-7 business days to process. You may only request 3 transcripts at a time. If a student's account is delinquent, transcripts will be held until the Registrar's Office has been notified that satisfactory arrangements have been made with Student Finance or third party collectors.

Transcripts must be requested by the student and in writing. Third party transcript requests must include a signed authorization from the student.

A transcript request must include:

  • Student's name (name used when enrolled at DeVry)
  • Social Security number or DeVry DSI number
  • Current address
  • Contact phone number
  • Approximate enrollment dates
  • Number of transcripts being requested Complete address of where the transcript is to be mailed or students may come to the Registrar Office and pick up requested transcripts
  • Student's signature

Mail or fax the Transcript Request Form (containing the required information) to the Registrar Office:

Attention: Transcript
DeVry University
Registrar Office
1221 North Swift Road
Addison, IL 60101

(630) 652-8793  

Transfer Credit
DeVry accepts transfer credit for applicable coursework from approved colleges in the United States. Foreign credits must be evaluated by an approved foreign credential evaluator. Official transcripts must be submitted to the Registrar's Office, along with course descriptions. Petitions for re-evaluation of transfer credit are available in the Registrar's Office. Additional information, such as course syllabi may be requested. DeVry has articulation agreements with several of the local community colleges. Pre-approval for transfer credit from a college not listed on the articulation agreement may be obtained in the Registrar's Office.

Transfer to another DeVry Campus
You may initiate a transfer to another DeVry Campus by completing a transfer request form in the registrar's office. Students applying for a transfer must be in good academic and financial standing.

Home | Student Central | Student Services | Academics | Campus Information | Financial Information | Admissions | Career Services | Community Outreach | Downers Grove Center | Elgin Center | Naperville Center | Schaumburg Center