Mini-Sessions are small group tutoring sessions led by upper term faculty assistants or tutors. Sessions vary by term and can be started by student request.
Guidelines for a Mini-Session
Education often looks like competition. Actually, it's more like cooperation. Studying with others allows an exchange of ideas. You learn something and they learn something - everyone wins!
- Test each other by asking questions.
- Practice teaching each other.
- Compare notes.
- Brainstorm for 5-10 minutes at the beginning of each mini-session.
- Set an agenda for each session.
- Get to know each other personally. We all need emotional support as well as intellectual support!